Gunter Meelis GmbH & Co. KG
Color Enhancement of Gemstones
Rough, Cut and Polished Gemstones
We offer the treatment of gemstones, which have been sent by the customer, into:
- London Blue (Topaz)
- Swiss Blue (Topaz)
- Sky Blue (Topaz)
- Yellow and Pink (Beryll - Heliodor/Morganite)
- Green (Quartz - Prasiolite)
- EU Import & Export of Irradiated Gemstones
- US NRC License for Import and Distribution of Irradiated Gemstones in the U.S.
- Transport - Handling - Storage of Radioactive Material
Irradiated gemstones will be measured according to
- NRC Requirement
- International Standards
based on single gemstone measurement.
Fig.: Measuring System for Automated Radiation Detection
The photo above shows our automatic machine for radiation measurement of individual radioactive Topaz stones to determine their activity levels.
This machine - equipped with 4 separate measurement stations and Sodium Iodide Scintillation Detectors - can be used in two different modes:
1. Measurement to verify that each individual stone reaching the end of the line has a specific activity which is below the international standard of 74 Bq/gr, independent of the present individual nuclides.
2. Measurement to verify that each individual stone reaching the end of the line has a specific activity which fulfills the US release criteria for cut stones for the ever present nuclides.